Qualifying Scores for the Triple Nine Society
Only the tests listed in the table below can be used to qualify for admission.
To qualify for membership, you must provide an official score report (see requirements below) documenting your qualifying score on one of the tests listed below. Please send it together with a signed application form to [email protected].
For full application instruction, please visit the How To Join page.
All score reports must include:
- clearly stated name of the specific test you took
- score in the same format as listed in the table below, equal to or higher than specified
In addition, all reports for psychologist-administered tests must include:
- testing psychologist's name
- business address
- professional letterhead or official stamp
Any applicant authorized to administer, or in any way having access to, any of our admissions tests must provide evidence of satisfactory scores achieved before he/she became so authorized or before gaining access to any such test. It is required that any applicant authorized to administer, or with access to, any of our accepted tests disclose that fact and list all such tests on his/her TNS application. Failure to disclose will result in administrative dismissal from the Society. No scores will be accepted from anyone whose business associate or familial relative administered their test, nor may tests have been self-administered.
Age and date of testing
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of applying for TNS.
- The only restrictions on age and date at time of testing are those listed below.
There are no exceptions, under any circumstances, to the minimum qualifying scores and age-and-date restrictions listed below.
Not suitable for admission:
- certificates of membership in other high-IQ organizations
- letters of acceptance to Mensa, unless they include exact name of test taken and meet score criteria below for that particular test
- Mensa U.K. Cattell-IIIB scores (their test goes only up to 161, we require 173)
Submitting official ACT score report
You can have your ACT score sent to TNS directly from the myACT website. TNS is listed as number 1935 on the ACT organisation facility to send scores.
Requesting archived SAT score reports
Some information on TNS-qualifying tests outside the US and Canada can be found here.
If you still have questions after reading all information provided on this page, please send us an email.